Following are some resources to help you get to know Bloomington, within and outside of the Indiana University campus.
General Bloomington Resources
- City of Bloomington Visitors Guide
- IU Visitor Information Center
- IU WorkLife Balance
Local Events and Activities
- 4th Street Cuisine (diverse international cuisine)
- Dining Opportunities on Campus
- Kirkwood Ave (local bars, one-of-a-kind Bloomington restaurants, ethnic food, coffee, and more)
- There are also many restaurants on both the east and west sides of Bloomington, although you’re more likely to find one-of-a-kind restaurants downtown.
Family Friendly Locations
Indiana University Events
- B-Line Trail
- City of Bloomington Parks and Trails
- IU Outdoor Adventures
- Griffy Lake Nature Preserve
- Lake Monroe
Bloomington and Indianapolis Shopping
Groceries and other necessities
- College Mall (Bloomington)
- Circle Center Mall (Indianapolis)
- The Fashion Mall at Keystone (Indianapolis)
- Downtown Bloomington along Kirkwood Avenue has a diverse selection of shops and restaurants. You can buy clothes, CDs and records, books, IU apparel, and more.